Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dear Rachel (#21)

Dear Rachel,

It's been a while since I've written a blog letter, and I have a few things to share to catch you up on the last couple months. First, guess who is behind the wheel now and practicing her skills?
Your dad has been a most patient teacher, although I did let Abby drive me to her soccer practice in Mapleton one afternoon. We both agreed that we wouldn't do that again for a good long while.
******************
Speaking of teen drivers, did you see what one did to your dad's car?
Oh, he was so sad to have to let this car go! It served his mid-life crisis well, but secretly, I am glad I won't have to experience any more g-forces whenever we make hairpin turns. This accident happened as we were returning Travis' tuxedo the Monday after Senior Prom.
******************
He had a great time. Brontë was easy to talk to and a really fun date.
Do you recognize a few other people in this photo? Once upon a time three of them were preschoolers who used to play at our house those many years ago.
******************
High School Track has come to a close. Travis came in third place in our Region in both the 100 m and the 200 m.
******************
Look at what Grandma W. crocheted me for my birthday. I love it! I spread it out on my bed for the photo, but it is the perfect over-sized throw for me to snuggle under, and the colors are exactly what I wanted.
******************
For Mother's Day (or my second birthday as Kellie likes to call it since it is always so close to April 25) Abby gave me a rose she made in her Metals class. I think she did an incredible job.
******************
Our curtain of wisteria was stunning again this year. I'm sure it is nothing like the prolific Atlanta blooms you get to see, but I love it just the same.

I love you and David too! Happy May!

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE this post. Abby looks devious… Dad's car looks so sad…Travis' date looks super fun. I'm glad they had a great time!…Go Travis!…I LOVE this pattern! I really should learn to crochet…Holy smokes Abby's talented!…Your wisteria is beautiful. Because it's more like a weed here, the blossoms aren't as full and colorful... Thanks for the post! Love you and miss you!

Charlene said...

Thanks for the updates!

Jenny Lynn said...

That afghan is so beautiful. It has been fun to catch up with your family. Looks like you have lots of good things happening. :)