Friday, April 25, 2014

I am 50 today!

How did this happen? When did this happen? I am 50 years old today!
(Me at 3 months)
I'm still quite amazed that I must label myself with that number. It's not like I woke up this morning feeling any different than I did yesterday, but I am, I suppose. Recently I found a quote attributed to Victor Hugo that says,

"Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age."

Oh dear.
(Me at 18)
Actually, I've felt like I've been fifty ever since I turned 47. Just the anticipation of that half century marker made me forget that my age in reality still had a "4" in front of it for the last three years. Perhaps that thinking has eased the blow of today, April 25, 2014 being my 50th birthday.
(Me at 50)

"Do not regret growing older. It's a privilege denied to many."

Wise truth from an unknown source. I've lived, loved, laughed, cried, worried and prayed for 50 years. I'm good to go at least 50 more.


14 comments:

Saimi said...

You wear it well my friend!!! Happy, Happy Birthday you look absolutely lovely!

Valerie said...

You do not look 50! You are beautiful inside and out. I hope your special was fabulous!

Karina Arshad, Kaza Design, LLC. said...

Love it!!! Happy birthday, beautiful lady!

Betty said...

That day 50 years ago seems like it was only yesterday. Time travels so quickly.

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope the next fifty are heavily weighted with good times.

Jessica DaBell said...

What a momentous birthday! So glad I saw this post. What a beautiful woman you are, one of strength, wisdom, and kindness. Thanks for sharing some of your years with me. :)

The Rileys said...

I hope to look as lovely at 50! Happy Birthday!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful 50-year-old! Love all the "old" pictures and the most current one.

Jenny Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! I really hope you are pampered and have fun celebrating.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Fifty is a great age especially when you are so youthful and beautiful like yourself.

Deb said...

Some of us are not far behind you. Thank you for your example of loveliness.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! You are beautiful and don't look a day over 30.

Emmalyn said...

You are so beautiful! I hope it was a lovely day.

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Joyous Birthday to you Julie! Loved this post. And may I say in all sincerity (and perhaps it might make you feel just a tiny bit better about this milestone)I am truly shocked to learn you are 50! I seriously didn't peg you for much more than 42 tops:)So, take that lady! And have a fabulous half-century celebration:)