Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Her Gray and Yellow Room

Abby was tired of her light pink bedroom. She pleaded with us to change things up. It took a while, but eventually we complied, and she is happy. Very happy.
She had had enough of her white headboard with girly flowers and swirls. So, we dragged this one out of storage and had it painted bright yellow--Abby's choice of course. I bought the chair at a yard sale years ago for only $1. We had it painted as well. 
This photo makes me want to add two more frames to those three above her headboard. I am also reminded that I have yet to make the cushion for her window seat. I've had the foam for it for over a year, but my procrastination shows my desire for a magic wand.
The other side of Abby's room is retro-fun. For Christmas Kellie bought Abby this old art desk and stool that was being discarded from the high school where Kellie has been interning as a Chemistry teacher this year.
Ironically, at about the same time, Abby's geography teacher was getting rid of this Cold-War era map of Europe and Abby begged to take it home.
Abby is finally content with her room--especially when a feline friend visits.

6 comments:

Jennilyn said...

LOVE that desk and metal retro-wonderful-ness! Which grey did you go for on walls?

Lara Neves said...

I am totally in love with this room. Good job! Now I want to make my room gray and yellow. Maybe I will...

Cheryl said...

Great job Julie!

Saimi said...

I'm in love!!! Of course Yellow is my ultimate favorite color so naturally I'm smitten with her room makeover - I have the perfect quilt top that would fit nicely, with her color scheme, i just need to quilt it - as of now it sits I'm my unfinished closet of quilt tops.

Deb said...

I love the grey and yellow combination. It makes me think of sunshine poking out behind clouds. Gorgeous and hopeful. Good job decorating! You both have great taste.

Shannon said...

I didn't know you'd finished it already. It looks great!