Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dear Rachel (#20)

Dear Rachel,

I've been doing a bit of crafting as I hibernate inside. I'm pretty sure I haven't been warm since Thanksgiving. The shelf in the front closet which houses our winter woolens has been a disaster as we all rummage through to find what we need. Well. . . you know me and my love for Scrabble tiles.
Such organizational satisfaction!
******************
We are finally making progress on Abby's room. Here's a sneak peek:
******************
On the first day of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Travis competed for the first time in the pole vault at a track meet held (appropriately) at the Utah Olympic Oval (built for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake.)
He had only been training for three weeks, but he was excited to give it his best shot.
At this meet Travis competed using "three lefts" (or six steps) and he held the pole down lower than many of the other athletes who have trained for much longer. However, even with this technique he was able to clear 9 feet which was his personal record. This week he cleared 10 feet at training using "five lefts" (or 10 steps). Enjoy this video dad shot with his iPhone:
******************
Finally, look at the progress that's been made on the new Provo City Center Temple. Abby took this picture as we were driving down University Avenue a few weeks ago.
But, what am I saying? You'll be here in a couple days and you can see it for yourself. I can't wait! Give David a hug for me.

Love,
Mom

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Sounds like he did a great job, especially if he's just a beginner. So excited for you that your daughter and her little family will be here soon!

Treble Clef ♪ said...

I realize this post is for Rachel, but I enjoyed it nonetheless:)

Rachel said...

Go Travis! He is awesome. I can't believe so much work has been done on the temple already! I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to see you! And I can't wait to see Abby's room! And your organizing baskets are awesome. I can't wait to see them as well!

Yippie! I get to see ALL THE THINGS! (if you don't know the reference…I get to show you in person!!!

Saimi said...

Oh my golly, scrabble tiles for labels I love the idea!!! Clever girl, and that yellow, did you know I'm in love with yellow - what ever you are going to do with that I'm sure it's going to turn out fabulous!

J. said...

What cute ideas. And I love the photos.

Jenny Lynn said...

The yellow is a nice fun surprise after all the grey days of winter. I love when spring comes. Glad I can catch up with you.

Amelia said...

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but it's good to see how great things are going for your family. I love your blog; thank you for being so willing to share.