Friday, January 10, 2014

Soldier Hollow

It was a chilly but gorgeous day when we arrived at Soldier Hollow on the Friday morning between Christmas and New Year. I'd been wanting to try out their tubing hill for years.
Once we were checked in and tubes acquired everyone was towed to the top.
We then chose a lane, held on tight, and enjoyed the ride!
The kids had a great time racing each other down.
Abby claims she came in first.
Brian must have been in on it too. He's there on the far left.
I took a token "selfie" to prove I was indeed on the mountain as well.
We had a really fun morning going for speed and going for air. I loved when we would slide down in groups of two or three. I usually ended up screaming or laughing all the way down.
Travis and Kellie went down together for one of their last runs of the day. I wish I had recorded their skilled take-off, but at least you get a taste of the action.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! What fun! We have a tubing hill near our home that tows you back up to the top. It's pretty cool...And, sometimes mom's need to take those token selfies because the pictures usually don't include us. Just sayin'

Sue said...

We did a lot of tubing when I was in college. So much fun!

=)

Rachel said...

Yay! I love that place. Wish I was there to compete!

Shannon said...

Fun! We've never been. I'll have to put that on the bucket list.

Lisa said...

Definitely need to try this...what a fun day! It's been years since I have been tubing.

Marianne said...

We've been meaning to go for years, but have never taken the time. How much does it cost to go up there? Do you just stay as long as you want, or do you pay per hour or something? Anyway, looks like you all had so much fun!!

Jenny Lynn said...

I gotta add this to my fun things to do with the family list. We would love it. Looks like so much fun.