Friday, December 13, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

I am resigned to the fact that we are destined for nontraditional Thanksgivings for the next few years. Last year I vowed that we wouldn't "mess with tradition", but as it turned out, once again things were a bit different at our house. This year Abby had a tournament in San Diego with her club soccer team over Thanksgiving break so Brian drove her and a carload of females to Southern California where they spent the weekend.
Abby is #27.
Travis, Kellie, and I stayed home and enjoyed our family--both out-of-towners and local BYU students.
Suzanna, Stewart, Grandma Stoker, Isabelle, Kirk, Seth, Emmeline, Kellie, Travis, Beverly, Quinn, Haley, & Renee
Grandma Stoker hosted Thanksgiving dinner at her home this year.
Kirk's son, Seth
Renee's daughter, Haley
Kirk's daughter, Emmeline
Suzanna, my cousin Jennilyn's daughter
Kirk's daughter, Quinn, with her Aunt Renee
We took the kids to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. (The quality of my photos goes way down when taken in the dark with a phone. Ignore the glowing eyes.)
Cousins Haley and Travis
Proof I was part of the festivities
Renee and Haley
Haley with Isabelle and Travis with Quinn
We convinced Kirk and his family (along with Haley) to have a picture taken with Santa and some elves.
We missed Brian, Abby, Rachel & David, and Charlene's family, but I am truly THANKFUL for THESE loved ones who traveled to Utah to see me.

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Wow, Temple Square is so Beautiful at Christmas time!! But then so is that San Diego beach! What a lovely time you had with your family - I'm curious about your Grandma Stoker, I have Stoker friends that live in Idaho who used to live in Washington.

Rachel said...

Love these pictures! Wish I was there!

Jennilyn said...

Thanks for the pictures of my children! (LOVE that shot of Suzu--shamelessly copied it to my files)