Thursday, August 15, 2013

Passing Time

We did a lot of waiting and passing of time as we traveled to Southern California for our family vacation and especially while we were in Disneyland.
Abby, ever the creative genius, gave herself a manicure of silver gum wrappers. She separated the shiny outer layer from the paper, rubbed it on her nails, and ta-da . . .
She went blue on the return trip.
Kellie's speciality this summer was taking advantage of every possible moment to study for the MCAT. . .
whether it was while in line to ride Grizzly Rapids or while lounging at the beach.
Travis? Well, if he wasn't eating, he was simply being Travis.
Me? I did a bit of crocheting,
took pictures of Abby's in-car artwork,
and enjoyed my view from the front seat.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Woah. Abby is super creative. I love all your pictures!

Ginger said...

How fun! Looks like a fun trip! (P.S. - I love the fingernails!)

MaryAnn said...

I need you to share your crochet skills with me...please!

Mrs.Spy said...

Such a cute family! Love the picture of the open road- great shot. :)

Saimi said...

Looks like a lovely vacation and I love the way your daughter studies! A girl after my own heart!! Good job on the crocheting man I wish I knew how to do that!!

Marianne said...

You have such great kids. Abby's nails cracked me up! And good for Kellie, that smart girl!! And Travis...well, keep that kid off the streets--he's quite the handsome young man.

Love the photos, as always.

XOXOX

Connie said...

Looks like passing time is done well in your family. Cute kids!

Jenny Lynn said...

Looks like time well spent with your children.

CB said...

My jaw is dropping. That is one dedicated girl to study like that at Disneyland and the beach - Now that is true focus!! She deserves to ace it!

CB said...

My jaw is dropping. That is one dedicated girl to study like that at Disneyland and the beach - Now that is true focus!! She deserves to ace it!