Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mostly Smiles

This year Southern California was the destination for our family's summer vacation. Disneyland (and Disney's California Adventure) was our first stop. As expected, there were smiles all around--especially on the new Radiator Springs Racers.
WAIT. Someone is not smiling. Is that the look of pure terror?
Kellie?!

The ride is just not that scary.

I still laugh whenever I see this photo, and to her credit so does Kellie. The only explanation she can give is that she wasn't expecting so many hills.
Abby could only persuade her dad to go on California Screamin' with her. They both LOVED it and somehow convinced the rest of us to give it a try the next day. "It would be such a fun ride for the entire family," they insisted.
Travis and I should have known better. Our faces say it all. It took hours for both our stomachs to settle.
There really were plenty of smiles--particularly when candy was involved.
I saw some smiles in the line to ride the Matterhorn
and at Autopia,
especially when it became apparent that Travis couldn't fit behind the wheel of his car.
I caught a few at the top of the Ferris Wheel, although mine was a bit forced. Heights are not my forte.
I did love the parades--something about the music and the dancing and the colors.
Mostly smiles and magical memories--it was a fun trip.

8 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Hey! We were there the week before last! haha. Loved cars... and Kellie's face is hilarious! Maybe she was concerned about getting sprayed with water? haha

Fantastic Fun!

Deb said...

That does look like a fun trip. I imagine Disneyland is very different with big kids.

Jenny Lynn said...

Awe, Kellie's face is priceless. It was good to see that classic rides like Matterhorn were open. Glad you all had fun.

Rachel said...

I can NOT stop laughing at Kellie's face. Hilarious! And you will NEVER be able to get me to go on any sort of Farris wheel unless you bribe me with lots of money. I will do any roller coaster, but NEVER a Farris wheel.

And seriously. Kellie, you're fantastic.

J. said...

It looks so fun and the pictures are so sharp. My always look fuzzy. I guess I should read the manual.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like everyone had fun.......except when they were on a few of the rides.

Marianne said...

Oh, Julie. I love Disneyland so much. It made me really happy to see your pictures!!

California Screamin' is one of my all time favorite rollercoasters. But I HATE Mickey's Fun Wheel. I rode it once because I didn't know about those dang swinging gondolas, but I've learned my lesson, and now I just sit below with Isaac and watch the crazies up there! Heights are not my forte, either.

What a fun trip. I'm so glad you got to go!!

onlinephduk said...

I love the Disney parks. They are serious magic. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. Thank you for posting these awesome pictures.


from Zoe Adam at Split Site PhD