Friday, June 21, 2013

Fifty Years

Fifty years ago today my parents were married in the Salt Lake Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
(June 21, 1963)
Sadly, my dad is not here to celebrate. He passed away November 9, 2006.
My mom has been alone for 6 1/2 years now, but she is not really alone. My parents were married not only for the time they shared together on this earth, but they were married for all eternity.
I miss you so very much, Dad. I know Mom will be spending the morning in the Salt Lake Temple then visiting your grave in Clearfield today. Mom, Happy Anniversary.
(2005)
Fifty years is a great start on forever.

16 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Beautiful photos of my beautiful sister. She is forever an example to me.

J. said...

Gorgeous. Now that's the kind of love story we need in Hollywood :).

Jenny Lynn said...

That is true love! I think it is so special that she will be spending time in the temple and visiting his grave today. I love her wedding dress, very beautiful.

Lisa said...

Sorry about your dad...At least we have Eternal Families...It makes it a bit easier. Also, it is so refreshing to hear about marriages that last. Even in the Church these days, we hear too often of people giving up.

Ginger said...

What a sweet couple they are. I'm so glad we can still celebrate anniversaries, even after one or both are on the other side of the veil. It truly is a comfort and a blessing to be married for eternity in the Temple.

Susan Hardy said...

I loved reading this post and looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing Julie!

MomtoElderMunson said...

Your parents are darling!

Valerie said...

I'm sure they have been a hard 6 1/2 years without him here for her, but how beautiful for her to know that she has an eternal companion who she will be with again and forever. What a blessing!

Saimi said...

Wow!!! What beautiful parents you have!

Shannon said...

=)!

" Hit It......." said...

Tell them congratulations! Fifty years is an eternity; these two have figured it out. :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful couple. Isn't eternal marriage a blessing?

=)

Haunani Thunell said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this sweet post and the beautiful pictures of your parents. :)

AllisonK said...

Beautiful tribute! What a lovely heritage you come from!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a beautiful mom and dad.

Love those pictures.

You sound like you are such a great daughter.

Eternity is an awesome principle.

Marianne said...

What a great post, Julie. {HUGS}