Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dear Rachel (#17)

Dear Rachel,

School's out for us here in Provo so our days have slowed down a bit. Let me show you some of Abby's latest creations:
She isn't afraid of the sewing machine.
****************
The Provo City Center Temple is coming along. It's interesting how they have dug the foundation out from under it. This view looks north.
This one looks south from the same spot. The Travel Lodge used to be right there.
*****************
I've been doing a bit of creating myself with new pillow covers to brighten up the house for spring.
It all started when the fabric store had all their fabric samples on clearance for $2 each. They were the perfect size and I got a little carried away. 
******************
Memorial Day weekend found us at the Clearfield and North Ogden cemeteries as usual.
******************
Abby and Kellie had played (and coached) the U14 State Cup Finals earlier that day. It was an awesome game, but we lost in overtime on the sixth penalty kick. I couldn't be more proud of these two.
I'm glad you had a good 26th birthday on Sunday. Thank goodness for Skype. Love you and David lots!

Mom

9 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! I had no idea they were doing that to the Provo City Center Temple. Fascinating. Makes me want to see it in person.

J. said...

I'm afraid of the sewing machine and amazed your daughter can do those things!

Lisa said...

I love your spring pillow covers. I've been changing my pillows out for the season...Almost time for summer pillows.

Ginger said...

You are amazing. I love your cute pillows. Great fabric choices!

Abby did a fabulous job on her creations as well!

Rachel said...

I love your pillow covers!!!!!!!! And I love Dear Rachel Posts. Thanks!

Lesa said...

The fabric samples were a great find to make beautiful covers! I am amazed at the new Provo Temple. I watched a news article about it several weeks ago and it is just fascinating to me to watch the progress.

Haunani Thunell said...

Oh, that Provo Temple is going to be so beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. And your pillows have inspired me to drag out the sewing machine here, too. Happy summer!

Jenny Lynn said...

The pillows look great. Our family enjoyed going down and taking a peek at the Provo Temple. I look forward going through it when it is done. :)

Garden of Egan said...

Wow the temple is amazing. I love how they are preserving the original stone.

Looks like your weather is beautiful