Saturday, March 23, 2013

Time to Ask to Prom

It's that time of the year when we rack our brains for a creative way to ask a girl to Prom. Actually, Travis is the one doing the asking, but I am the one supplying the ideas. Many suggestions were offered, and finally this one proved satisfactory to that 17-year old son of mine.
The concept was easy and simple.  Scrabble tiles were hot-glued onto long skewers and stuck strategically amongst an arrangement of flowers.
The tiled letters of Travis' first and last name were jumbled up in a little bag attached to the vase. A small tag contained the hint that the asker's first name is spelled with six letters.
We had to go with orange roses because we are Timpview (orange and blue) after all.
Now, we just hope she says, "Yes!"



The Shabby Nest    Or so she says     The 36th AVENUE

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute! You guys do good work!

Momza said...

What girl wouldn't say YES to that lovely request?

Ginger said...

So cute! I love it! If Trayser hadn't already asked his date, we would have stolen your idea! (He didn't ask me for my input... he just did it on his own with his friends. In fact, I'm not sure I even really know how he asked her! I better find out.) (:

Dixie Mom said...

That is stinkin cute!

paulette said...

Wow!! What girl wouldn't snap this guy up!!!? They will be lined up!!
P

Denise Marie said...

Awww!

J. said...

I hope she says yes too! Such a cute idea.

Karen said...

Great idea! I like it! Here the boys just ask the girls without any creativity.

Jennilyn said...

HOW do we transfer the great culture of creative date-asking to the East Coast?

the letter e said...

I really like that idea! :)

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Love this Julie! Now where were the cute guys (like your son) hiding when my girls were at Timpview?:)

Garden of Egan said...

That is darling! Love it.
Look forward to hearing the follow up!


Dean and Sheri said...

THE classiest idea I've seen yet...and I'm the mother of SIX former prom goers/askers. LOVE it, Julie!

Jenny Lynn said...

That is so cleaver. I love this time of year, all the creative ways they ask, fun day dates and then seeing them all dressed up for the dance.

Jocel Fullido said...

it looks very fantastic..i do love to play scrabble and i have done making necklaces pendants that are made of scrabble tiles

scrabble words with 2 letters