Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Orange, Blue, White

"Orange, Blue, White. T-Birds, let's fight!"

For some reason this cheer was running through my head in the middle of the night a few weeks ago--some time close to 3 am to be more precise. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I have been attending about eight basketball games a week for the last two months.
Travis (#54) is on Timpview's JV and Varsity teams. JV games typically start at 3:30 while Varsity tip-off isn't until 7:00 on both Tuesday and Friday nights.
Abby (#13) is on a Bantam league with other 8th grade girls. She plays Mondays and Saturdays.
In between Travis' games we are usually watching the Varsity girls play--hopefully Abby's future team. This makes for long afternoons and evenings, but honestly, there is nothing I love more than watching my kids' games.
My photos are often blurry due to the speed of play and dim light of a high school gym. However, despite this irritation, I still appreciate the "outtakes" I found in my attempt to capture the action.
Our season is officially over now, but I suspect I will still be humming . . .

"Hey, hey you! You know what to do. You've got to rock with the orange and roll with the blue!"

for a while yet.


7 comments:

2busy said...

Both fun and exhausting. Enjoy your new found freedom with the end of the season.

Ginger said...

Busy woman! I love all the pictures. Sometimes I wish my kids were more athletic. When Kaeli played basketball in 8th and 9th grades I loved going and watching. It was lots of fun! If we lived closer I would just have to come watch your kids so I could visit with you on the bleachers while they play. :)

Rachel said...

hahahahahahahahaha..... this one is great. :)

Garden of Egan said...

Those are great action shots!

Sorry you'll be so bored now. What will you do to fill your time?

Marvett Smith said...

I remember the days when I used to play. I love how intense your son's face is. So awesome!

Valerie said...

That sure keeps you busy! I'm lucky that's not what is in my schedule right now because with school it wouldn't work for me and I'd hate to miss a child's games.

Jenny Lynn said...

you got some great pictures and can totally see why you would be cheering in your sleep. :)