Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Playing with Pins: Part 2

I've been playing with pins again. (See my first report here.)
Mod Podge pumpkins are everywhere. I wanted to give them a try ever since I saw the black and white damask ones Michelle made. This year I found the perfect napkins just like hers, but my attempt was a sorry sight--the Mod Podge bubbled and glopped. I was, however, successful with a different variety. It has temporarily replaced my musical orbs on the table near my piano--a subtle bit of Halloween for my front room. (Original pin here.)
My wallet was getting rather fat and NOT from an abundance of cash so I thought this idea was so clever. I broke my old hole punch trying to punch holes in the cards, but its replacement worked just fine. (Original pin here.)
It took Travis only a few minutes to assemble this catapult as per this pin. I suggested he use buttons as ammunition, and he successfully launched them over 20 feet. Very fun!
My creative and artsy Abby loves to peruse Pinterest as well. Once homework and practicing are done I let her start crafting. I was a bit skeptical about this plastic spoon flower, but she was insistent about giving it a try.
The plastic spoons did indeed melt, but soot soon covered Abby's hands and face.
She originally planned on spray painting her rose black, but when she discovered that we had gold spray paint, her perfect rose resulted.
She was so happy with how it turned out. I was just pleased that she had found an outlet for her teenage creativity and imagination and that the TV and computer remained OFF.


The Shabby Nest

11 comments:

Natalie said...

These are awesome Julie, I too, had an epic fail on my first modge podge attempt. I love the CC idea and especially that your kids are getting crafty with you. I must find you and follow :-)

Ginger said...

I love that you and your kids are so creative and that you share that with us. I don't do crafts anymore, but love seeing what other people like to create. :)

Haunani said...

What did we ever do before Pinterest?? I LOVE the music themed pumpkin! <3

Valerie said...

I think mod podge can be a little iffy! Sometimes it works great for me, other times not. I love the music pumpkin!

Saimi said...

Cute pumpkin and just let me tell ya, I also put my store cards on a ring. it is so handy glad to see great minds think alike!!

And yes you do have creative kids, her gold spoon craft turned out GREAT!!!!

Emmalyn said...

These are all so wonderful! Mom used to have all of her cards on a big binder clip like that! Brilliant. And I am super impressed with Abby's Rose!

J. said...

Wow. I'd never guess the rose was made from spoons. It was beautiful.

Chell said...

Love the creative projects! The spoons are an awesome idea!

Mom to Many said...

That turned out so cute!

Garden of Egan said...

Very cute expression on her!
Love the "flowers"

Pinterest is so awesome.

Michelle Lunt said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out Julie!I love your sheet music pumpkin.

Warmly, Michelle