Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Really Fall

(Aspens on the Alpine Loop)
Darkness lingers longer in the mornings. There is a chill when I wake that can only be dissipated by turning on the heater for an hour or so. Hearty oatmeal and warm soups satisfy now. Colors are brilliant and beautiful.
(Bridal Veil Falls, Provo Canyon)
(Provo Canyon)
(Provo Canyon)
It's time for our annual visit to Tyler's Pumpkin Patch
This year a tin man and a scarecrow greeted us.
Tyler's Pumpkin Patch is just down the street from our home, and Tyler is one of Travis' good friends. For years Travis has loved working on Tyler's "farm". It was (and is) the perfect spot to explore, create, and celebrate good old-fashioned childhood.
(Tyler and Travis)
Abby insisted we visit the chickens. They all scurried towards us and cooperated fairly well for their group shot. The rooster even serenaded us with his "cock-a-doodle-do".
It was hard work wheeling those pumpkins, butternut squash, and cornstalks home. Thanks, Travis.
Abby's prize of the day was the colorful farm fresh eggs. No one can touch the green ones. She's claimed them as her own.

Yes, it's really Fall.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

These are such amazing photos. I miss the canyons in Utah this time of year. We don't have nearly the color in our canyons in Colorado that you do in Utah. What a great little farm -- love the eggs. I imagine they taste sooo creamy.

Robin said...

Lovely pictures...wow...thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful fall as the one you just posted about. The colors are so vibrant! Thanks for reminding me of home. :)

Shannon said...

I must keep driving by at the wrong time because Tyler's patch is always closed when I go. I wasn't home Saturday. Maybe that's my problem. Fun pictures, thanks for sharing!

Ginger said...

All I can say is "WOW"! Provo Canyon is gorgeous! Love your fall pictures! Our fall isn't as pretty as yours is!

Jenny said...

I miss Provo! Hudson saw the rooster and said 'That rooster pecked me!' He does not miss that rooster at all. I love your pictures.

2busy said...

I just love the colors of fall. Provo Canyon looks amazing. I need to head that way for a hike sometime.

Haunani said...

Those pictures are making me anxious to be in Utah next month. I am so looking forward to crispy weather. Beautiful, beautiful!

Emmalyn said...

Simply Gorgeous!!

Jane Babcock said...

beautiful!

Lesa said...

I think the Fall colors are especially colorful this year. I love all your photos!

Mom to Many said...

What a fun outing!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Such a gorgeous post! Is there anything quite as stunning as autumn?! Thanks for finding me! :)

Marvett Smith said...

Gorgeous fall images Julie! Fall is my absolute favorite!