Friday, October 5, 2012

Amish Country

I'm not sure what it is about the Amish and the images I associate with them that I find so intriguing. Their beautiful quilts are definitely a big draw as are their delicious baked goods. Perhaps it is their seemingly uncomplicated life--a throwback to days gone by. Whatever the reason, it was wonderful to drive through this part of Ohio, peer out our rental van's windows and try to imagine such a simple and peaceful existence. All of these photos are "drive-by shots." I didn't want to appear too eager in my gawking.


6 comments:

Rachel said...

What the WOAH? That is pretty cool! I love your blog posts.

2busy said...

We lived Maryland for a while, when we pulled into the area in our car at about 7:00 am, the first vehicle we saw on the road was an Amish buggy. I had no idea, and was thinking "What did I get myself into?"

On another note, they makes some pretty incredible furniture, too.

Dixie Mom said...

I love the Amish communities too. Sometimes I envy their simple way of life.

Kazzy said...

Love the "WHOA" sign!

Jenny Lynn said...

The Amish have intrigued me for years. I even read all about them about 5/6 years ago. I think it is their simple living and the fact that my Hubby served a mission in Lancaster, PA....

Monalisa said...

Oh, que belo lugar!