Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Provo Places: Black Sheep Cafe

This striking chandelier is a focal point at another one of my new favorite restaurants in Provo--Black Sheep Cafe. Our server told us it was crafted by artisans at Holdman Studios at Thanksgiving Point.
While everyone else was in San Diego for a soccer tournament I took Travis out for a mother/son "date" of sorts. He ordered a Navajo Taco and was genuinely surprised at how "amazing" (his word) it was. He kept commenting on the sauce--"really really good". I think my sixteen-year-old is turning into a foodie.
We shared a salad and I had a fabulous Goat Burger (made with goat cheese and wrapped in a delicious bread called nanniskadii).
I was hooked on this place after just one visit and couldn't wait to introduce it to Brian. So, on our 28th wedding anniversary after the Annual University Conference (where Brian received a Creative Works Award) we celebrated with lunch.
Brian had the Bleu Burger and loved it while I wanted to try the Bleu Corn Polenta.
We ALL really want to find an excuse to eat here again. For one thing, I still need to try one of their Navajo Tacos. I'm not a food critic or even a real food blogger, but I'm so happy Provo is finally getting some really great restaurants and cafes.

Check out real reviews of Black Sheep Cafe here, here, and here.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks so fun! I love how original all their food is.

Dixie Mom said...

Dang, that looks great. Must try when I get up there!

Shannon said...

Looks yummy! We'll have to give it a try.

Shannon said...

Oh, and congrats to Brian!

Lesa said...

I am going to remember this for when I am down your way next time!

Lisa said...

Might have to make a trip down to Provo...this looks like a place I would love to eat!

Garden of Egan said...

Looks delicious!

I wish Rexburg would get some yummy restaurants!

Mom to Many said...

Looks yummy! And isn't Tom's work amazing? My parents have a stained glass window that he did in their living room.

Natalie said...

For your next date you could go to tgp and create one of those blown glass thingies :-) can't wait to try the black sheep cafe.