Thursday, September 13, 2012

Playing with Pins: Part 1

Ever since I was a teenager I have been a magazine clipper. Happily I would thumb through the glossy pages and gather ideas for future projects, crafts, recipes, my dream home, etc. I would file these plans away in carefully labeled manila folders. Periodically, I would pull the clippings out as holidays approached, but more often than not they were forgotten and ignored.

Enter Pinterest--my modern electronic filing system. I LOVE it. I am hooked, AND, I actually play with the pins I've collected. Evidence below:
The sheet music magnets turned out perfectly (original pin here).
I made these tissue paper pom-poms for a bridal shower I hosted this summer. The brides' colors were light blue and red (original pin here).
This single-serving chocolate chip cookie is quite a dangerous pin for me because it works and is SO good (original pin here).
I thought this idea was quite clever--scarf organization (original pin here).
Finally, Kellie is sporting a happy "Martha" face because we finally found an efficient way to cut corn off the cob. No more kernels all over the counter and cutting board. Brilliant! (The original pin is here.)

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Me too!!! Magazine clipper...Pinterest lover...
Those are some great pins! I'm gonna have to try that chocolate chip cookie. :)

2busy said...

I can spend far too much time on pinterest. No joke! I think I made that chocolate chip cookie cake in a mug once. It was really good!

Rachel said...

The chocolate chip cookies is amazing...I liked it undercooked. :) I LOVE pinterest. It makes my list maker's heart very happy. :)

J. said...

Love the corn thing. I won't even venture to pinterest as I know I'll get sucked into it.

Lesa said...

Cutting corn into a bundt cake pan is brilliant! (That one almost made me want to join pinterest ha ha)

Kristin said...

One of these days I'm going to put all my PInterest posting and pinning to good use also . . . one of these days . . .

Kristin

Garden of Egan said...

You are probably the best pinner/do-er I have seen!!!!
I'm going to have to try the corn one....next year.
Thankfully the corn froze. (can I get an amen?)

Mom to Many said...

That cookie looks really dangerous!
Doncha just love pinning? I'd love to follow your pins.

Cheryl

Jenny Lynn said...

Those are some great idea's. Would have never thought to cut corn that way.

Lisa said...

Pinterest is so addicting but I love it too! And the cookie looks delicious.