Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dear Rachel (#12)

Dear Rachel,
I love this picture of you and Abby at the Atlanta airport. She was SO excited to see you. Actually, we were all looking forward to our few hours together on the way home from our "Education Vacation".
It was incredibly sweet of you to bring those white chocolate cupcakes to the airport to celebrate your Dad's 50th birthday. They were decadently delicious!
I thought you might like this picture of your most awesome husband.
I'd say we were quite fortunate to realize we had time to take the train to your apartment. It makes all the difference for me now when I picture your home and neighborhood.
The view from your roof was pretty cool. I think our smiles say just how great is was to see you after being apart for a whole year.
******************
School and Fall sports are upon us. Travis is running cross country
and Abby and Kellie are in full soccer mode. Kellie is doing a great job coaching Abby's premier Celtic Storm team. They are currently undefeated. I never tire of the views from their home field at the base of Mount Timpanogos.
******************
One last thing I wanted you to see:
For some reason Abby found it too difficult to walk around to the proper exit of Copp's Hill Burying Ground in Boston. Before I could correct her behavior she had safely plopped onto the sidewalk.
By the way, do you see the red brick line on the sidewalk? THAT is the Freedom Trail. I am sure that some day you will walk it yourself.

In the meantime, enjoy all that Atlanta has to offer so when I get a chance to spend more than a few hours there, we will have much to explore.

Love you!
Mom

10 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

The cupcakes look tasty. Which I am sure they were.

Abby plopping over the wall was something one of mine would have done.

Walking the Freedom Trail is something I have never given thought to doing, but am adding it to my "Bucket" list.

Jennilyn said...

Love the pictures and the pins!

Rachel said...

Oh yay! What a great start to my morning! I love the pictures. Thanks for writing this!

You should explain the macaroni and cheese in the cupcake box was to add stability, provide hard handles, and prevent the lid from touching the top of the cupcakes. :)

2busy said...

A whole year without your baby girl? Holy cow that would be hard...Although I am going two years without my son, but still...

Lesa said...

@Rachel..I knew right away what the boxes of M&C were for. I would have done the same thing:)

Julie, I am so glad you got to see her after such a long time. I know how hard it is!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Great family pictures! What sweet daughters you have.

Garden of Egan said...

How fun!!!!!
She's beautiful.

All of the pictures are so great. It's such a great thing to be able to have your family see these places and experiences.

Marianne said...

Yeah, this one made me cry.

Love you guys.

Haunani said...

What a beautiful family you have. This was such a sweet post. :)

Kazzy said...

Sweet post! It is hard to have them move on without us! :)