Friday, July 20, 2012

Never Enough Air and Space

I just knew no visit to the D.C. area would be complete without a trip to an a Air and Space Museum. As Brian promised, we skipped the one on the National Mall, but the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport could not be resisted.
This is a pretty impressive museum with lots of very cool aircraft.
You may recognize that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was partially filmed here. This famous SR-71 Blackbird transformed into Jetfire in the movie.
My sister and her kids met us at the museum. It was so good to see her!
My sister, Charlene, and I
We're standing in front of the whole reason we HAD to come here--the Space Shuttle Discovery.
It was massive and very impressive.
Cousin Darcie, Travis, Kellie, Brian, and Abby
Already my kids were making faces at the camera, and we had just started our "Education Vacation".

In the morning we were off to New York City!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Wow. Awesome is overused as a word, but it really fits here.

=)

Saimi said...

Wow!!!! How cool is that!! Seriously, what an amazing time and of course everything is always better with a sister!

Have fun in New York!!!

2busy said...

I used to live about an hour from Washington DC. My favorite museum was the Air and Space Museum. I could go there again and again.

Jenny Lynn said...

I have not heard of this museum. It looks like something my bubee would love.

Have fun in New York!

Marianne said...

I had NO IDEA that the Shuttle was that big!!! Very, very cool.

Also, Abby's face in that last photo is one of the most attractive faces I've ever seen!! Good job, Abby!! :-)

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

So you are on the East coast and I was in Utah 2 days ago...weird. Will you spend any more time in VA?

Julie said...

Jen, we are actually home now, but we were there from June 24 to July 7--D.C. to NYC to Boston to Palmyra to Kirtland. :)

Marvett Smith said...

What an awesome trip! So glad you got to do this!