Thursday, June 28, 2012

They Draw Me In

On a recent trip to Logan (for Travis' basketball tournament) a few old structures caught my eye. My iPhone did the capturing, but my mind did the wondering.
I couldn't resist these old golden arches.
******************
It was almost like going back in time when we walked through the doors of the Bluebird Restaurant and Soda Fountain.
Of course, I ordered a sundae with my favorite toppings: hot fudge and marshmallow.
Abby and Brian chose old fashioned milk shakes.
I couldn't help but notice the vintage dishes with their original bluebird design.
******************
Before Travis' last game we stole him away for lunch at Maddox. (Brian finally got the meal he was craving.) I wonder how long their iconic sign has been around.
******************
This building was the most impressive of all--the Logan Utah Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Abby loves its castle-like appearance and has declared THIS is where she will be married. It was built in the late 1800s and is truly beautiful.

16 comments:

Nancy Claeys said...

You must have been hungry with all the restaurant photos! :) Awesome captures, Julie.

" Hit It......." said...

Beautiful pictures. I love vintage restaurants. Maddox's has always been one of my favorites.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Loved the pictures! I went to college at Utah State and enjoyed the memories.

Ginger said...

What a neat place! I might have to stop in and find this place when I bring Kaeli up in September! I always love your photos!

Dixie Mom said...

I would sure love to make a quick trip up there!

Chell said...

Wonderful pics! Love the vintage places!

Sue said...

Love that old-time soda fountain. And the temple, of course!

=)

Garden of Egan said...

Yum! Your hot fudge dish looks delish!
Love the dishes. Looks like such a fun little trip.

I love Maddox!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I've been to the Bluebird place! Fun. And tell Abby that I think she's made a good choice!

E. said...

Well, you know I love this post since I grew up there. I've been to all these places many times. I love Logan!!

Valerie said...

Fun buildings. ....And now I'm hungry.

Kim Christensen said...

What a neat post! I really want to go to that old fashioned soda fountain place....so fun.

Mom to Many said...

Yum!

Lara said...

Fun pictures! I love the vintage stuff, too.

But, of course, I agree with you that the temple is the best of all. I don't think I've ever actually been to Logan!

Lisa said...

Hey you were in my little corner of the world! Looks like you had a lovely time, especially with the ice cream!

JennyLynn said...

That soda fountain brought back a few memories. That Arch, very cool!

I need some ice cream now!