Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Banner

Birthdays at our home are celebrated with plenty of balloons, presents, a "cake" of choice, and a well worn paper Happy Birthday sign. In recent years this sign has become quite sorrowful looking. An update was in order.

I was so excited when I saw Leigh Anne's tutorial for her fabric pennant banner. It would be the perfect replacement.
I wanted the banner to be colorful and gender-neutral so the whole family could enjoy it for many birthdays to come. Years ago I made curtains for my then little girls' room out of a bright heart rainbow-colored motif, and I still had some leftover fabric. All I needed to do was find four other coordinating prints.
This project was super easy, quick, and lots of fun searching through the bolts of fabric for just the right prints. Thanks so much, Leigh Anne, for sharing your creative genius! (I just finished up another banner. This one's for Easter.)
Who had the inaugural birthday at our house? My sweet Kellie who is all grown up now.
Happy 22nd Birthday, Kellie!

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."


Tip Junkie handmade projectsHome Stories A2Z The Shabby Nest 

20 comments:

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...

Love the color combination you used for your banner! So glad the tutorial was helpful.

Garden of Egan said...

Love the banner!
Such fun.
Do you have a Christmas banner?

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. She's beautiful. No way do you have a 22 year old!
You look like sisters.

Dean and Sheri said...

Beautiful mother. Beautiful daughter. FUN Birthday Banner! LOVE that storybook. Never have been able to get through the ending without tears.

Rachel said...

Kellie, you're beautiful! (You too, mom). Happy Birthday! Love you!

PS, WAY cute banner.

Amelia said...

Now I want to make one. I love it! She doesn't look old enough to be 22 and you don't look old enough to have a 22-year-old!

Ginger said...

You are such a great mom! Your daughter is beautiful, just like you! Happy Birthday Kellie!

2busy said...

What a beautiful mother/daughter picture. Hard to believe you have a 22 year old. You certainly don't look it. Hard to believe I have a 20 year old. I certainly don't feel it...

2busy said...

PS, great banner!

music notes said...

You two ladies radiate goodness! I love the banner.

Marianne said...

Happy birthday, sweet Kellie!!

XOXXOXO

Valerie said...

Cute banner!
And cute daughter! Happy Birthday, Kellie!!!

Sue said...

She's a cutie, and so is the banner.

Happy birthday to Kellie!

=)

Natalie said...

So cute, love the colors.

Mom to Many said...

Cute pennant! Happy Birthday!

Sunshine for your Soul said...

Sweet! Decorating for birthdays is always fun & that book...tear :')

Wendys Hat said...

Love this!

Tammy said...

The banner is fabulous !!! Happy Birthday Kellie :)

Valerie said...

I know you said it was fast and easy, but I can't even sew something like that. It is beautiful and so fun that you got to choose the fabrics instead of just buying a pre-made banner.

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

Hi Julie, What a colorful & adorable pendant banner. You did a great job. Thank you so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You are invited back again next week.

Warmly, Michelle

Pedaling said...

super cute banner!

And your daughter is gorgeous! Happy birthday to her!