Friday, February 3, 2012

Dear Rachel (#6)

Dear Rachel,

Have you seen this look? It is the latest way to do your ponytail at the middle school here--upside down french braid--a hidden surprise beneath her pony tail. Abby can't do it herself yet, so often on a dark early morning you will find me plaiting her thick golden locks while she is bent in half, hair flipped over her face. Of course, she tops it all off with one of your awesome headbands!
We are at the height of basketball season. Travis made the Sophomore team. They are mostly winning. By the way, your brother is now 6'4" with size 15 basketball shoes!
Abby's 7th grade team is mostly not winning. She has a great coach, though, and is learning a lot.
I had to laugh at her defensive tactics at a recent game. She was guarding her "man" like a soccer player! It was tough after her soccer tournament in Las Vegas to remember exactly which sport she was playing. Arms out, Abby!
I have to show you what Kellie has made at least 3 times since Christmas--Finnish Pulla from Baking with Julia. Cardamom is the secret ingredient, and, oh, is it good!
I can't believe you said you had a high of 68 in Atlanta today. I suppose I shouldn't complain. We've had a strangely mild Winter. This is about as good as it gets (snow-wise) for us.
That's the latest. Love you and David lots!

Mom

10 comments:

Deila Taylor said...

That looks like a street in Logan. But I do like that braid thing. And Cardamom!

Rachel said...

Thanks for writing! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and willing to get out of bed and make pancakes. (I know, I know, I lead such a hard life.) I'm going to have to make the Finnish Pulla. It looks really great, Kellie! I miss you guys! A lot.

2busy said...

I love the pony tail. What a great idea!

Sue said...

I'm loving that upside down French braid. :So cute!

=)

Garden of Egan said...

Love the hair! So cute!
Cute basketball pics. They all look so intent!

I am sorta loving this winter too. It's cold, but we aren't buried in snow.

Ginger said...

Wow, you have a tall boy there! Your kids look great out there on the court... I hope they both have a great season.

Kaeli has been having me do her hair that way as well... :)

Your pictures are great!... As always!

JennyLynn said...

I like that pony tail. It has been a very mild winter. Keep waiting to be dumped on. We love basketball season and are a tad sad that we don't have anyone playing at this time. We keep trying to talk the girls into playing, but they just keep saying no.

Marvett Smith said...

Cute hair! My daughter and I are into the waterfall braid these days. It's a bit difficult to do on her short hair, but it sure looks cute when we make it happen!

Sunshine for your Soul said...

I did the upside down braid my freshman year in college...hmmm....about 14 years ago! Wow, time flies :)

Lara said...

I would think that would be really hard to do yourself! But I can't even do them right side up, so good for you! :)