Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rings On Her Fingers

Big rings are "the thing" right now and, of course, Abby is on top of her fads. So, after making this fabric flower, topping it with beads, and locating a paperclip in my desk drawer, her creation was immediately turned into a ring.
Two years ago we turned great grandma's old clip-on earrings into trendy bobby pins? (You can see that post here.)
This year we turned them into rings with bling.

"With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
She shall have music wherever she goes."




Tip Junkie handmade projectsHome Stories A2Z The Shabby Nest

18 comments:

Dixie Mom said...

I love that you keep reusing those great pieces in a new way!

Valerie said...

I love them all!

J. said...

How cute.

Suzanne said...

Those are amazing and I love the fact that you are using great grandma's items with a new twist! Love them!

lesa said...

Great job Abby!

Mom to Many said...

CUTE!

Sue said...

Those are fun!
And kinda nostalgic while being hip, too.

=)

Ginger said...

Wow! Great idea! Kaeli would love those! :) Such a talented girl you have there!

Saimi said...

Very COOL!! Her creative juices are a flowing!!

Amelia said...

Love!

Sunshine for your Soul said...

Fun! I love me some jewelry & I have been given a few BIG rings as gifts, but I have such tiny fingers I haven't felt brave enough to wear them. lol - GO ABBY!

Garden of Egan said...

Those are so cute! You are very clever and I bet she totally loves you for making her all purty!
What a great thing to do with old jewelry!

Marvett Smith said...

These are darling! I will definitely be showing this post to my daughter. She would love to do something like this!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Well, that looks fun!! And so cute.

Wendys Hat said...

How fun! I love those bobby pins too!

Marianne said...

#1: I love the rings. So awesome.
#2: You take really great photos.
#3: Abby is a lucky girl.

Natalie said...

So fun to have a creative buddy and I agree with Marianne, you take great photos.

Julie said...

Thanks, Natalie!