Monday, December 19, 2011

Dear Rachel (#5)

Dear Rachel,

Your sister is now officially a teenager. Thanks so much for the book you sent her. She's heard it's a great read. Of course, she also loved the crazy-fun hat from Grandma Stoker. Her friends can't decide if it's a monkey, a giraffe, or a zebra. What do you think?
These cute cupcakes were delivered to our door this week--Reindeer at the North Pole!
I can't believe it was 70 degrees in Atlanta when I called you this week. It's been so cold here in Utah that I'm breaking out all the soup recipes. I made your Stoneless Stone Soup recently--love that one. This time I used spicy sausage and it warmed are bodies from the inside out. (I even posted it on my Salads and Such blog which has been ignored a bit lately.)
Since you weren't able to come to Travis' Christmas Concert this year, I've brought it to you. Enjoy your brother and the rest of the Percussion Ensemble playing Trepak from The Nutcracker. It was my favorite.



Love,
Mom

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh yay! Your blog post made me so happy and Christmasy! THANK YOU! Travis is a cute 16 year old!

Oh, and Abby, I think it is a Zemonk.

Shannon said...

The Percussion Ensemble is always my favorite part of the concerts (don't tell Spencer!). They always amaze me.
I saw Abby in her hat and my first thought was that it was a monkey, though I like Rachel's Zemonk better! Love the pictures.

Ginger said...

Such a cute girl! I hope she had a wonderful birthday. :)

Cherie said...

Your daughter is so darling - cutest smile ever! I think the hat is a version of a sock monkey!
Looks very happy and Christmassy around your house! Have a Happy day!!

Garden of Egan said...

Happy Birthday!
She's darling!

Sue said...

LOVE that percussion ensemble. It is such a reminder of every fun thing about Christmas to me!

=)

PS. That soup looks delicious right about now.

Marvett Smith said...

A few things... I love your daughter's hat, my little boy saw the cupcakes and he wants to make them now. They look delicious. Next, I want to eat that soup. It looks so good for a cold night, and lastly I love that you recorded the concert to share. You are one of the best moms I know!

Charlene said...

Wow Travis is good!

FAshiOnistA ErA said...

aww so lovely!!

check out my blog great offer on Romwe fashion store :)

following you! do follow back if you like :) )
cheers
hanz
http://www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Wait. Do your kids go to THS? Is that Mr Fullmer? Seems like you live in Provo....
Oh, the stories I can tell about that man....

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love Dragon Rider!! :)