Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear Rachel (#3)

Dear Rachel,

What does Fall look like in Atlanta? Take some pictures and post them on your blog when you can. Here's a peek at our yard this year. You know I love all the red. :)
(Our apples are few, but the ones we do have are big and beautiful.)
(burning bushes in the backyard)
(Too many leaves! We are waiting for a windstorm to blow them into the Ogden's yard--just kidding!)
(Virginia Creeper edging up the front of the house)
(Remember the little bird nibbling on the apple in my last letter? This blue bird is finishing the job.)
******************
Abby had the toughest time deciding what to be for Halloween this year. In fact, she wasn't even sure she was going trick or treating until the very last minute. She wore her poodle skirt from last year to school, but when she got home, she got to work on her original idea--a Rubik's Cube. She cut, designed, and painted it all by herself.

The kids' pumpkins were pretty spooky. Travis' toothy snarl was especially intimidating.

We love you and miss you--especially since it was the first year we didn't get to see you in your traditional "poor sailor boy" costume. Have a good weekend!

Mom

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it. :) That is an awesome rubik's cube. And just FYI, my poor sailor boy costume is no more because a) the hat is Kellie's and 2) the vest is dad's.

Betty said...

I love your photo's, Julie.

Music Notes said...

I love the Rubik's Cube. Very clever.

Ginger said...

Lovely apple, beautiful yard, super cute girl/Rubik's Cube, and awesome pumpkins! :)

Valerie said...

Love the Rubik's cube costume! Very creative.
The apple picture is gorgeous!

Sue said...

What a clever costume. And I love the deep red apple against that lovely tree.

=)

Linsey said...

What gorgeous fall foliage you have!

Deila said...

I love your photography. I am envious -- what kind of camera do you use? Of course you have an eye for setting it up as well.

Marianne said...

I saw Abby when we were out Trick-or-Treating, and I was impressed with the Rubik's Cube. Very cute and very Abby!!

I also love your Burning Bushes. I think I need to get me some of those!!

Garden of Egan said...

Love the rubiks cubes. Pretty awesome.

Beautiful apple. Looks crunchy. Such great pictures.

Mom to Many said...

Wow, scarey pumpkin!

Kristin said...

I think Fall is my favorite season to photograph! You just can't beat the color! What an adorable costume idea - I simply must remember that one!

Kristin