Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jimmered

 On Monday I was "Jimmered" and "baptized by Jimmersion" all in one day!
All I had was my lowly cell phone camera.
After a morning of shopping, my mother-in-law and I stopped at Magleby's Fresh in Provo for one of their fabulous Steak & Bleu salads. Who should we spy, but BYU's famous Jimmer Fredette!

It was pretty awesome. I wanted to take his picture, but I was hesitant and uncertain. Would he be annoyed at my intrusion? As I debated whether or not to be the paparazzi I texted my family and shared my excitement. My 15-year-old son texted back begging me to get Jimmer's autograph. Quickly I tore a page from my planner (that was all I had) and proceeded to get in line. (By then several fans had gathered around his table.)

He was having lunch with his girlfriend and they were both extremely gracious. They didn't seem to mind the interruptions, and I was impressed at how very kind and humble Jimmer was.

It's been 30 years since BYU men's basketball has made it to the Sweet 16. They play the Florida Gators today in New Orleans.

Go BYU! Go Cougars! Go Jimmer!

(And, thanks for letting me have my picture taken with you.)

15 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh, you lucky girl, you! We love the 'Jimmer'.

Dixie Mom said...

Oh boy! Glad you asked! It's such a fun time for the Cougars right now!

Ginger said...

How fun! Go Cougars! :)

Momza said...

Aww! That is so cool! Lucky Lucky YOU!!!

2busy said...

What a cutie! Lucky you...

Suzanne said...

So fun and nice to know he was so gracious. An amazing athlete! What a great picture!

Marianne said...

YOU GOT JIMMERED!!! LUCKY.

(Did you get on the BYU website and vote for the best Jimmer signs? They're pretty awesome...)

Lacy said...

AWESOME!:)

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

So cool! Excited for tonight's game! Go Cougs!

Kaza Design said...

that's awesome! Gooooo Cougs!

Mom to Many said...

I hope you enjoyed yourself!
:o)

Cheryl

Valerie said...

Awesome!

Deila said...

Oh, I love it. Your son must be so excited and glad that you are his mom. And I would love one of those salads right now.

Cherie said...

How fun - He is such a celebrity right now.

Sue said...

What a fun thing...for you AND for your son!

=)

PS. And for Jimmer, too, of course. ;)