Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Marinated Broccoli

One of our family's favorite side dishes is marinated broccoli. It is simply raw broccoli cut into bite-size pieces and marinated over night in a vinaigrette. Quick, easy, and healthy. We always fall back to this recipe for company and family dinners alike.

Marinated Broccoli

1 lb. fresh broccoli--wash, cut into bite-size pieces

Mix together:
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. dry dill weed
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Pour over broccoli and marinate 24 hours in refrigerator. Turn a few times. Enjoy!

Julie's notes: Add grape or cherry tomatoes just before serving, if desired. Always use cider vinegar. Marinating this in a ziplock bag works really well.

********************

I had a few requests for the stuffed onions recipe Rachel made for Abby's birthday dinner. It is from Julia Child's The Way to Cook. I found a link here. Rachel omits the wine, and adds more cream to the stuffing. Stuffed onions take time to prepare, but they are fabulous.

Linking to Tasty Tuesdays.

14 comments:

Tammy said...

The marinated broccoli sounds delicious :) Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Garden of Egan said...

Woohooo! I'm going to do that today.
I'm trying to diet and my food is getting soooooo boring!
Thanks!

Jenny said...

Yummy recipes! I am excited to try them. I have a bacon wrapped stuffed onion recipe, so I'm looking forward to one.

Marianne said...

THANK YOU. I dream of this delicious marinade, and now I can make it for myself!! Yahoo!!

Laura said...

I've been trying to get Kate to eat broccoli for awhile now. Maybe this will help. Love, love, love this blog. It's like you you still just live over the way!

Lacy said...

Thanks for the recipes!! :) They look like something I would LOVE!

Shannon said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

AllisonK said...

Both look delicious, I always love getting new recipes.

ailinh harris said...

My son LOVES broccoli and he especially loves it when it's a little zesty, too, so I will definitely book that recipe down for keeps. Thanks for sharing! Looks so nummers.

Cherie said...

Both of these are things that are right up my alley. I am definately going to make them!! Thanks for posting these :-D

Mom to Many said...

Looks wonderful Julie!
The stuffed onions look like woman food to me. Woman food speaks to me. :o)

I hope you are having a great week. :o)

Cheryl

Life is good! said...

broccoli sounds really good and easy. onion recipe looks divine and sounds incredibly hard. but i do believe i'm going to give it a try. don't know when but i'm going to. if julia can do then so can kay!!! hahahahahaha

Garden of Egan said...

The salad is marinating!
YUM

Marla said...

looks so yummy!Thanks for sharing!