Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Hint of Halloween

Skimming through magazines and blogs for decorating ideas is one of my favorite pastimes. I am very much lacking in natural decorating ability so I look for inspiration everywhere. Since I enjoy peering through the blogosphere into others' homes, I decided I better reciprocate in some form.

My entry and mantel easily lend themselves to change with the season.

The Entry

The Mantel

This is my version of October's plaque attack from Just Another Hang Up.


I was most excited about the grouping of glass bottles (reagent bottles to be exact). The two that are not official chemistry glassware are housing stones from our Lake Tahoe vacation two summers ago.


There it is--my hint of Halloween.

8 comments:

Mommy Life With 5 said...

Ver NICE :) I love your decorating style !

Shannon said...

Cute! I think you do a great job. I love glass jars and rocks. In fact, I used to have a jar full of rocks from Lake Tahoe, but I haven't seen it in several moves. Wonder what happened to it?! Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to look for it!

Patty Ann said...

I love it!! You did a great job. I am not a very good halloween decorater, but you make it look simple and elegant. Nice job! I love the old time glass jars!

Lesa said...

It looks really nice!

Suzanne said...

I love it all! Your trick or treat blocks are fabulous. The pumpkin snowman is adorable against the plaid pillow. Your version of the plaque is darling! AND I love your glass bottles. Thank you so much for giving me a heads up! I appreciate it so much. Of all the documents I've sent out (hundreds!) you are the first to refer me back to a finished project! Thank you!

Susan Mathews Hardy said...

It looks like a magazine site. Great job Julie!

Jennilyn said...

Love that black bench and the jars! Great shots! (and thanks for feeding my children today. I hope they mind their manners and offer to do dishes and get to know 2nd cousins better.)

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Classy, simple, and not overdone. I like it. And I need to learn from it! I'm not much of a minimalist although I'm always attracted to the look. You do it proud!