Wednesday, September 22, 2010

REaDy for Fall

I am REaDy for this first day of Fall. Camera in hand I scrutinized my yard for my favorite autumn color. This is what I found:

RED Apples

RED burning bush leaves

RED roses

Red-centered daisy

RED berry?

A bird must have dropped this berry (or teensy-weensy tomato--it was hard to tell.) There is nothing remotely like it anywhere in my yard. It reminded me of our mysterious walnut tree.

I quite enjoyed this photographic exercise and may try it with the other spokes of the color wheel some day.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Fall is my favorite season and the reds are my favorite part of fall, too. Thanks for the sneak peak! My favorite tree last year was across the street and I can't wait for it to start turning again this year.

Are you ready for applesauce? Let me know. It's so yummy!

Thanks for driving Spencer to and from band yesterday. I really appreciate it.

Lesa @ music notes said...

Fall is my most favorite time of year. I love all the colors and holidays.

Beautiful pictures!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I want those apples. Plus I think you're a great photographer.

Mom to Many said...

Welcome Fall. Finally I can open the windows and really feel the breeze again.

I love those bird mysteries but, not the kind I've found on my windshield...

Charlotte said...

Fall is my favorite season. The colors are breathtaking. Bring on the RED!

Giggles said...

That really was fun to find all the red in your yard. It's got me looking at my yard in a new way and wondering just how many colors are out there.

Stopping by from MMB.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

What beautiful photographs! Lovely!