Thursday, September 2, 2010

How to Handle a Runny Nose

Travis came home from school today complaining about a newly acquired runny nose. His persistent sniffling became irritating and I encouraged him to blow his nose or SOMETHING. Being the innovator that he is, he came up with a solution that didn't require his constant attention.


Solution #1:  Tissue held up by bandanna.

Now he could concentrate on that Algebra II. (Being the "capturer of moments" that I am, I snuck a picture.)

Just as I was leaving to take Abby to soccer practice he was in the midst of creating Solution #2. Apparently, Solution #1 was getting old.


Solution #2:  Tissue secured around nose and head with paper clips.

(Because I was gone Brian was able to preserve this image for all posterity.)


When Abby and I returned two hours later Solution #3 greeted us.

Lovely.

I insisted he remove Solution #3 immediately. Dinner was ready.

Disclaimer: Travis got such a kick out of my laughter (that sent me racing to the bathroom) while I was reviewing the photos that he agreed to let me publish these "moments" on my blog.

23 comments:

Sister Babcock said...

Funny boy! I'm glad you have it saved for posterity.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

That is hilarious! Obviously, Travis needs to be an engineer and design those for mass production!

Rachel said...

That would be my brother. :)

Mom to Many said...

Oh, dear. Lol! A very real post!
Giggle.

Deb in UT said...

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it this morning.

heather carlson said...

Dan used to use solution #3 when his allergies were so bad...as icky as it was, it must work!

Kellie said...

Oh Travis. So funny!

Marianne said...

Oh great, now I need to run to the loo!!

Those pictures are hilarious, and what a great guy for letting you put them on the internet. I'm totally going to show Kate, because I know she'll LOVE IT!!

Travis, you DA MAN!!!

Jennilyn said...

We suffer from fall allergies here, too. Creative son of yours!

Shannon said...

We've done solution #3 here at our house, but I like #1 and #2 better. What's up with the allergies lately? Spencer's have been really bad.

Hilary said...

There's always the tampons up your nose trick. :)

Natalie said...

So funny, I just LOVE teenage boys, never a dull moment. Thanks for sharing :)

Shawnie said...

Priceless, so priceless.

Kierra said...

What a clever kid! He's going to be making big money on his inventions someday, I bet! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

Nichole said...

ha! that's hilarious, but maaaan bloody noses can be a pain. our son gets them all the time. not sure if your sone gets them frequently, but I love Dr. Oz & he said that you stick two fingers up under your lip and it stops the blood flow to the nose! we haven't tried it yet, but how cool if stopping it is really that easy!

Suzanne said...

I like the bandana solution the best! This was a cool post. I may have to remember these remedies--I wonder if a 2 year old could wear a bandana like that to nursery. LOL

Christie said...

Hilarious. I totally need one of these with all the spring pollens floating around. Love it.

Cares and Mimi said...

Trying not to wet my pants from all the laughing! Your son is adorable and has great ingenuity!

Susan Mathews Hardy said...

What great pictures. Definitely my laugh for the day!

Susan Mathews Hardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen608 said...

That is one creative boy! :)

Miranda said...

I just saw this post and I love it! Ha ha I'm going to miss Travis, Kellie, and your whole family for the next 18 months. Thank you so much for always making me feel like another one of your kids!