Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back and Forth

This is the view I have had all week. No stories or parables or funny moments to share. Just back and forth, back and forth to schools, soccer practice, basketball training, band rehearsals, organ practicing, shopping, etc.


I am grateful I am at the stage of life when I don't have to buckle little ones in and out of car seats and tote them along. The kids I drive around now are the ones who just about grew up in the back of the car as I chauffeured their older sisters about.

This season will pass, but I do think I need to hit the library for some more books on CD.

My friend Shannon inspired this post--nice to have friends who understand.

6 comments:

Mom to Many said...

Oh, do I know the feeling. Keep driving sister. :o)

Sister Babcock said...

You need a car pillow.

Jenny said...

The library has the most amazing audiobook cd collection, but you have to request holds for most of them.

I really liked the help and to kill a mockingbird and pretty much any other book that is narrated in a southern accent. Cold Sassy Tree is also another good, southern narrated one.

That is one stage of my life I am not eagerly anticipating. At least when you're pregnant and feel like dying you don't really have to leave the house...

Laura said...

Sometimes I feel like a taxi driver. We are moving towards more freedom with Allison starting to drive but that's actually more worry for me! These days I answer the phone "Wiki Wiki, Mom's Taxi Service. Where can I pick you up and who else do we need to take home?" Wiki wiki is Hawaiian for "fast" which is how I feel like life is these days!

Sally said...

This may amaze you, but, there does come a time when it ends and you sort of miss it. Those driving conversations can be the best. (I feel so old and wise)

Stacey Keller Thompson said...

I actually cherish the time in the car these days. It is soothing to just do that one thing for awhile. And I agree that I relish the alone time with one or two children at a time. Thanks for the post!