Friday, August 6, 2010

Sundance

To celebrate her birthday my mom took a few of her grandkids (and I) to Sundance to ride the ski lift, to hike, and to see "Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" at the outdoor Summer Theatre.


I love riding the ski lift this time of year. The backside of Timp (Mount Timpanogos) is always impressive.


Brian and I had our FIRST DATE at Sundance (skiing the slopes in midwinter 1984) so it "holds a special place in my heart."


After the hike the girls insisted Travis ride back down with my mom and I. He scared them too much by rocking the chair. Typical Travis.


He was MY hero later, though, when he hiked back up the hill to retrieve the sunglasses I had knocked off the top of my head while aloft. I zoomed in to make sure they were still there.


He picked up some hitchhikers on the way down.

Fun afternoon in the mountains.

7 comments:

Charlene said...

Looks like lots of fun. I am so glad Marlee was able to be there with you all.

Julie said...

Me too!

Emmalyn said...

Gorgeous!

Mom to Many said...

Glad you had a great day!

Deb said...

I can't wait to go to places like that too!!!

Linda said...

Looks wonderful, Julie! They also have a moonlight ride on the nights when it's a full moon? That's one that ought to add to the 'romance' of Sundance.

Julie said...

Ooooh. I think Brian and I will have to check out that moonlight ride.