Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Rose is A Rose is A Rose


A most gorgeous rose David gave Rachel one June afternoon.


A rose creation by Abby (Play-Doh on our kitchen floor.)



Wood roses Brian sent me 26 summers ago from Hawaii.

We were engaged to be married and Brian was working at Barking Sands on Kauai while I was working at DARCOM in Alexandria. It was a hard summer being apart, but it did produce a box full of mushy love letters. They were good old-fashioned snail mail ones written and received EVERY DAY.

This an excerpt from the letter (dated May 21, 1984) that accompanied the wood roses. Brian insisted I not include ANY "mush". "Mush" can only be revealed when we have left the earth!



Each unique.

Each of value.

For, a rose IS A rose IS A rose, after all.

3 comments:

Deb said...

You have an awesome family. And Rachel's rose is gorgeous! Romantically wonderful.

Layne said...

I love it!

Marianne said...

I love the wood roses! I love Abby's kitchen floor garden! And I love Rachel's beautiful rose!

Thanks for such a beautiful post!!