Sunday, June 13, 2010

Parading Around

Yesterday evening we were able to watch Travis and the Timpview Marching Band parade the streets of Orem for their Summerfest celebration.

He is the handsome young man with the cymbals.


The usual unique cast of characters were in attendance.



Floats were plentiful.


Utah claims fame to Strawberry Days, Swiss Day, and Peach Days, but what really makes me smile is Payson's Onion Days. This onion house float almost entices me to join the festivities come September.


All this parading about reminded me of MY days as a Jermantown Shepherdette marching and twirling through the streets of Northern Virginia.

My sister, Charlene, and I

Ahh, sweet Summertime.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Brings back the memories. I think I still have a medal.

Susie said...

I can't believe Travis is all grown up. I don't even recognize him. Doesn't it just make your heart go pitter patter when he marches in a parade. It did mine when Jesse was in marching band!

Deb said...

Oh, I love the picture of you and Charlene!

I like marching bands in parades. I admire the dedication and practice that goes into them. Travis looks nicely intense and no doubt just how he's supposed to look. Excellent.