Thursday, April 22, 2010

Umbrella Art

At Activity Day yesterday my group of 10 and 11 year-old girls from church decorated their very own umbrellas. My mother-in-law inspired me when she made similar ones years ago for my then two little girls.

I found umbrellas at the dollar store and bought the fabric paint with a 50% off coupon at the craft store--love getting a deal.

The girls had a great time creating their own unique masterpieces.


Good thing we are expecting April showers the next few days.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great idea. Never would have thought of it, but I'll bet they loved it. Wish I was 10 and in your class!

Jennilyn said...

Cute! I have seen parasols stenciled with "Bride" for shade on wedding receptions and "Groom" and pictures taken with them up, legs showing. Using calligraphy script printed out from computer, not too hard to do. John's cousin just got married and all bridesmaids had matching parasols since it was a backyard reception.

Jennilyn said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/36290388/teal-amy-butler-full-size-quilt-50?ref=vl_other_1 (linked through "Trapped B/W scream and a hug" on my blog-three blog days ago "Flutterby" etsy shop QUILT $300 made me think of you/Rachel-gorgeous colors, good price, nice quilting...