Sunday, April 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

Tonight for dessert (as per Abby's request) we are having peanut butter pie! The recipe is as unsophisticated as they come, but it is easy and so delicious. (This, of course, is coming from a lover of all things peanut.)

Here is the recipe:
Mix together 4 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar.

Add 1/3 cup peanut butter and beat well before adding 1/2 cup milk.

Fold in 8 ounces Cool Whip.

Spoon into a graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, or shortbread crust. Cover and freeze.
You can make this a bit "healthier" by using reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese and Cool Whip. OR, you can make it even BETTER by using real whipped cream.

I prefer to forget the crust altogether and spoon the filling into individual custard cups. Either way it is FABULOUS!

7 comments:

Sister Babcock said...

I will try to remember this one.

Shannon said...

Sounds totally yummy! The only thing that keeps me from going over board about peanut butter foods is that Erica has never really liked them. She's not allergic, just prefers other things. I feel bad making a family dessert she doesn't like. We eat a lot of peanut butter cookies when she's gone for camp or what ever! She's finally developing a taste for it in some forms, though. I might have to try this one. I'm sure I'd love it, anyway!

Sally said...

Yum! I wish I 'd seen this a little sooner! We could of had it tonight too!

Rachel said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! This was like heaven in my mouth. It totally melted away all my stress and cares. I nearly floated off the top of my chair...

Jenny said...

I love that dessert! I put chocolate and peanuts on top, because I lack self control and moderation.

Suzanne said...

I came stopped by to thank you for the nice comment on my blog and got side-tracked with this pie. Wow. That looks incredible.

You asked for a few more posts about weddings. On my sidebar is a "topics" column and there are other posts for "weddings." Just go here:

http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/search/label/wedding%20plans

Mom to Many said...

Sounds yummy!