Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not Another Crafting Post!

Kellie is not a fan of my crafting posts, but I was so pleased with myself that I had to post just one more. Black and white is a favorite of mine right now--especially damask. I have always loved high contrast so when I was ready for a little change this is what I chose.


These Ikea frames previously housed quilt blocks that matched the quilt I had on my bed. The above artwork is actually 12"x12" scrapbook paper. I cut the squares to fit the 9"x9" frames and "ta da" . . . I am quite content.



6 comments:

Jennilyn said...

I love your craft posts! Don't stop! Nice papers! You are clever with your tools and resources!

Julie said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement, Jennilyn. :)

Laura said...

Hey -- that's clever. I also like old botanical prints from books. I am impressed. Kellie will appreciate your crafty ideas more when she is older! Keep on crafting and come to my house to help me!

Natalie said...

I LOVE it!! and all things crafty.I am so glad we have an IKEA close although my girl trips with Jennifer to CA were fun too. Keep em coming.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Very nice! The hair flowers came and the girls love them. Thanks so much!!

And This Is My Joy said...

Oh my gosh.. love it. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has been bitten by the craft bug... I will have to show you some of my latest things, best part about them is that they are new to me and cost pennies. Thanks for sharing! Tell Kellie that she too will one day post crafty things that she has done... I can't wait for the day.