Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Blossoms

I started crocheting these flowers for hair a few months ago. They were just the thing I needed to keep my hands and mind busy while I waited for soccer or basketball games to start. Kids needed to be early to warm-up. I needed entertainment. I found the tutorial for these online and added my own touches to the center.


A good friend thinks I should try selling them. Would anyone actually buy them? Would the trend end before I could get a business going?


Maybe I will just hand them out to the girls in my neighborhood. *Smile*

9 comments:

Laura said...

These are very cute! Do they go around your ponytail? I think my girls would wear them! You should try it! You know, while your planning Rachel's wedding, after you drive Abby and Travis to their activities and watch Kelly play soccer. Yep, there's lots of time. Do it!

Laura said...

Whoops, sorry, that's Kellie.

Julie said...

Laura, they actually have an alligator clip on the back. Should have posted a pic of Abby or Rachel wearing one--Kellie, not so much.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Those are great! I'd buy some. Can I?

Jennilyn said...

These are super! I would wear one as a lapel pin, in hot pink, please! Barter flowers for a quilt top? I believe in bartering. Private piano or organ lessons for Stewart next year while he is at BYU?

Tiffany can teach you how to sell on Etsy. I don't have the account, but have seen how well it works to reach lots of customers.

Lisa said...

I think you could sell them. Let me just warn you about etsy...once you post something unique, others(seeing as they are all craftsmen, themselves) figure out how to make what you've got and add it to their own repertoire. Also, you may need to get a business license, because they are sort of spoil sports about that. But, definitely try. You could also ask Carrie Tucker if she wanted to sell them at her store. She sold my bracelets for awhile.

Bryce and Heather said...

I would DEFINITELY buy some--name your price!!!

Marianne said...

I'd buy them! They're gorgeous, Julie!! Kate would ADORE those!! So clever....

Sally said...

Alison wants one and she'll even pay for it! She wants a white one.