One of my responsibilities at church is to hold Activity Day twice a month for the 10 and 11-year old girls in my neighborhood. Recently we made these EASY bookmarks. I found the original idea in Family Fun. Each girl also shared a brief review of one or two of her favorite books.
All that was involved was ribbon, tacky glue, and buttons.
I really liked how they turned out and the girls had a great time creating.
After they left I couldn't resist crafting a few myself.
The six girls that came were eager to share their favorite books. Here is what they recommend:
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
- The Light at Tern Rock by Julia L. Sauer
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- The Music of Dolphins by Karen Hesse
- Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy
- Halloween Pie by Michael O. Tunnell
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Pocket Daring Book for Girls: Things to Do by Andrea J. Buchanan
- Someone Named Eva by Joan M. Wolf
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Tear Soup by Pat Schweibert
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Savvy by Ingrid Law
Quite an impressive list. These girls are awesome!