Thursday, February 11, 2010

Me Being Crafty



















I made this to hold all of Abby's flower hair accessories. My inspiration was found at a crafter's booth at The Quilted Bear. The ones I saw were pink and quite princess-like so I modified these to fit Abby's tastes. It was so easy and inexpensive. The soccer balls were pre-cut and painted and only 55 cents and I had a 50% off coupon for the ribbon. I used a hot glue gun to attach the soccer balls to the ribbon and ta da! My kind of craft.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I saw this!!!! Now if only I could be so creative.

Man. I am happy to say that I am related to you. AND perhaps some of your amazing skills are genetic?

Jennilyn said...

Cute craft! I love her hair flowers, too. Did you make any of them? I am impressed with your sporty kids-and this is a perfect example that merchandizing needs to be expanded, less stereotype of what girls want.

Charlene said...

Very cute!

What does it say about the rest of us that you are the crafty one in the family? :) Of course Mom is pretty crafty. Skipped me completely.

Julie said...

You all make me smile. I must admit I did make the crocheted flowers--easy tutorial off the internet.