Monday, January 25, 2010

Something New

Since January has always been hailed as a month for new beginnings I am starting something new myself--this blog.

Meet Lyra--also something new (in our household at least). She is about 10 months old. We aren't exactly sure. It all started when a friend told us two orange kittens were discovered in a neighbor's garage and they needed a home. Since we will forever have a soft spot in our hearts for orange felines because of our beloved Niner who passed away this Fall we couldn't help mulling over the idea of possibly getting ANOTHER cat?!?! We didn't act soon enough on the kittens, but as Kellie was walking the aisles of the animal shelter Lyra just seemed to be THE ONE. I knew Brian was also under Lyra's spell when he called me from the shelter exclaiming how petite and adorable and sweet and cuddly she was. The cute little thing was snuggling on his shoulder purring and licking away. That was it. Meet Lyra. Something new.

5 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

She's pretty! It's great to see you blogging!

Shannon said...

I love cats! Too bad my allergies and Greg don't. Enjoy her!

It'll be fun to check in on your blog. Happy writing!

Kellie said...

Wow! What a great cat! See, I told you that you would thank me after she was house trained!

Jenny said...

So pretty! Ethan is just now realizing The Orange Cat, as he called it, is no more.

Laura said...

She's adorable! I'm so impressed you are blogging, I can't wait to read more!